Getting Things Ready
Make sure that you have downloaded or installed the below before proceeding with the rest of the tutorial.
- Download the SkyHigh TW custom Note 5 root package file for T-Mobile Galaxy Note 5 from here.
- Also, download the Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here.
- Install Synapse app on your Note 5 from Google Play Store.
Here Are The Steps To Root Note 5 On Android 5.1.1 Lollipop:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 5 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Open Odin and connect your phablet with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!! (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, click on PDA and select the Android 5.1.1 root package zip file for Galaxy Note 5.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
When Android 5.1.1 update installation is successfully completed, your Note 5 will reboot.
After your device has rebooted and is back up again, open the Synapse app on your phone.
- Tap Understood.
- Open the app again: go to File System > Wipe Cache & Dalvik Cache.
- Reboot your Note 5.